Autumn Sunlight - original oil painting

This painting is a contest piece for the first monthly competition at How to draw and paint painters' community.
The contest was about recreating and interpreting a woodland scene from a given photo in any drawing or paint medium.
autumn forest scene near a river
I began the painting in the last moment before the submissions deadline, so I painted the first layers in acrylics and the finishing touches in oil paint. I used an 18 x 14 inch. (45 cm x 35 cm) stretched canvas prepared previously with 3 layers of universal gesso.
There were 62 entries and I took the second prize with this forest scene painting, as a result of members' voting.
I am quite happy with the outcome.
Please have your say in the comment box!

7 comments:

Jeannette StG said...

Thanks for visiting!
Aah - that gets me in the mood for fall! love the colors!
Since you're a painter, you maybe interested in my secnd (art)blog page (click on top of right side bar)

Rosie Nixon Fluerty said...

Congratulations Maia - it is a beautiful painting depicting Autunm.

Living In Williamsburg Virginia said...

Terrific painting. Absolutely beautiful.

Darryl and Ruth : )

gemini said...

Hello Maia, wow, your painting took my breath away. Love it very much. My mom paints though she is into abstract, i wish i have the gift, but it eludes me...hahhahaha..keep on the beautiful works.

Maria said...

Wow..What a beautiful painting!

Quilt Works said...

Wow, Maia, this is spectacular. I love the reflections in the water. You are soooo talented!

Becky Chalet said...

Congratulations! This is so beautiful, I love the reflection and the clear water..Wow!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting.
Hope you enjoy the rest of the pages too.
We all love comments, so I am looking forward to visit you back.

Search for paintings, photos and tutorials!